Chater Junior School aims to:
- Create a happy, caring and supportive environment where all children can develop and progress to their maximum potential and acquire the skills necessary for life.
- Provide for spiritual, emotional, intellectual, physical and social growth and to help each child develop his/her own personal and cultural identity and understand and respect other races, colour, religions and cultures.
- Place great emphasis on acquiring and understanding the basic skills of literacy, numeracy and oracy and to provide a broad and balanced curriculum within the framework of the National Curriculum.
- Encourage all children to take and accept responsibility for themselves and to develop high standards of discipline, social awareness, courtesy and consideration for others.
- Provide a structured and stimulating environment where pupils can develop independence, confidence, high self-esteem, self-discipline and an enthusiasm and desire for learning.
- Have high expectations of pupil achievement and to encourage all pupils to work towards the highest standards and to share ideas and experiences with others.
- Establish and maintain links with the local community and encourage the full involvement of parents and pupils in the life of the school.
- Ensure within the school that there is a clear and steady progression each year and that the transition from infant school and on to secondary school is as smooth as possible.