Good communication between home and school is important and we use the following ways to help this happen:

Parent Consultation Evenings

These are held in the Autumn and Spring Terms and are an opportunity for you to meet and talk with your childs’ teacher. Your childs’ work will be available for you to see and will provide some of the talking points in your discussion with the teacher concerned.

Written Reports

These are sent out at the end of the Summer Term.

Class Assemblies

These happen regularly during the school year and we will write to you in advance to let you know the dates and times.

Contact with Class Teachers

If you have any queries or concerns regarding your child please speak with their class teacher. However, the end of the day is better for this than first thing in the morning. An appointment can always be made via the school office.

Contact with the Headteacher

Mr McEntee is available to speak to parents but it is advisable to make an appointment through the school office.

Contact Details

It is sometimes necessary to contact parents during the school day if their child has an accident or is taken ill. For this reason it is important that you notify us of any changes in contact information ie mobile/work phone numbers so that we have up to date information.

Safeguarding Children

The School has a commitment to safeguarding pupils, following guidance from the Local Authority and DCSF. This is described in the Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy which is available from the School Office. It includes a commitment to safer recruitment.

Complaints Procedure

Section 23 of the Education Reform Act 1988 requires Local Education Authorities to have a complaints procedure. If you are concerned about any aspect of your child’s education you should first discuss it with your child’s class teacher. If your concerns are not resolved you should discuss the problem further with the HeadTeacher.

In the event that this does not produce a solution parents should complain in writing to the Chair of Governors. If you are still unhappy you should write to the Local Education Authority:

The Director of Education
Hertfordshire County Council
County Hall
Hertford SG13 8DF

Help and Support

Follow this link for a directory of organisations, services and groups in Hertfordshire that can help you with problems you or your family may be facing, before things might get worse.   Find support for mental health, financial matters , special educational needs, health and wellbeing and education and employment and much more.  You may not want or need to ask for help from a professional and there’s lots of support you can find yourself by looking on the portal.